Pages

Sunday 11 August 2013

Review - Tonymoly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar

left to right- Juicy Strawberry, Neon Red, Neon Orange and Juicy Cherry.

I decided to buy Tonymoly's much talked about product - Bunny Gloss Bars. The cute and vibrant design had me hooked instantly and with a good price ( ranging from $6 to $12) I decided to dive in and buy.

After wearing all these colours for a good few weeks or so I decided I really dislike them. It's a long nagging list of reasons too and I feel terrible for it as they look so cute - how could I hurt their feelings?!
However, the colours themselves didn't exactly show. I expected them to be sheer and pale but after 2-3 hours the colours would be gone anyway and you would have to keep reapplying throughout the day.
I didn't exactly find them moisturising, they were fine but again, that wore off after 30 minutes maybe? Anyway, onto the arm swatch. I applied every colour twice. first would be one coat and then the next would be two.

I would usually have to wear 2-3 coats of Juicy Strawberry - I found Juicy Strawberry was perfect at keeping my lips subtle as I tried to fill in my eyebrows, and keep them dark!
Neon Red was really close to my natural pigment so all that really did was add shine!
Neon Orange was a shockingly nice colour, I bought it to see how an orange would look and it was lovely, subtle so that my natural colour showed through it but I wouldn't know how to wear it just yet.
Juicy Cherry was very red and if worn by itself with my naturally sparse eyebrows then would look nice!
 All in all, I feel like I bought too many, two would be fine, one light one dark.

                               
                               
Juicy Strawberry, Neon Red, Neon Orange (which didn't show up in the photo) and Juicy Cherry.

Another down side is, after awhile, you can't twist down the gloss any more. So that is a bit of a problem, you have to actually push it down with your finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment